Thursday, April 8, 2010

Books I Love, and an AMAZING Quote

"If you have a dream, don’t waste your energies explaining why."
This I 'stole' from Paulo Coelho's blog. I thought I would ramble on about what it means to me, but it occurs to me that I don't need to. The quote says it all.

So, books. I love books. I read as often as I can, and even get paid to read to kids. I have read for as long as I can remember, and have fond memories of both of my parents reading to me when I was little. In the past 4 1/2 years of working at the library, I have discovered SO many new loves in the world of books! I want to share some. I don't know if anyone will ever read this blog, but who knows, maybe someday.

My real inspirations for this blog are Laini Taylor, Stephanie Perkins, Grace Lin, Shannon Hale, Jane Yolen, Tony DiTerlizzi, Maureen Johnson, and John Green. Thanks. Also, I am in awe of Book Moot. A great, informative, fun, wonderful site....which led me to a lot of the a fore linked...um....links. Also, Seven Impossible Things Before Breakfast is an awesome, amazing site for book people.....but if you are a book person, you probably already know that.....

I have read lots of blogs about books....I haven't even gotten around to talking about books I love yet.....I'll get back to that......got off on a tangent.......where am I? What day is it?

2 comments:

  1. WOW. I came over here because you'd left such a nice comment on my blog, but I never ever EVER expected to find my name sitting right here in this post! I am stunned. Thank you for putting me in such amazing company. And thanks for reading my blog! :)

    (Love the Coelho quote.)

    Also . . . as a former librarian, I feel it's my duty to say this: LIBRARIANS RULE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Stephanie! (I do love your blog!)

    ReplyDelete