Thursday, May 6, 2010

Mother's Day Approaches


So, my daughter, who is getting ready to graduate next month, is gearing up for college! My son, who is finishing 4th grade, still lets me read to him at night. This may be indulgent, but I'm not sure which of us is indulging the other......the books have gotten bigger. We've read all of the Harry Potter series, a few Cornelia Funke books, among others, and are now working on Brandon Mull's Fablehaven Series. Usually, I have already read the books myself before I read them to him. Know what the best thing is? The other day he told me I was a Silvertongue. If you don't know what that is, you need to read the Inkheart series by Cornelia Funke. While I don't know if I'm quite up to Silvertongue standards, it sure was a very nice thing for him to say.



And now, I'm off to help my "little girl" work on her graduation announcements. I love my kids!



No comments:

Post a Comment