Friday, May 6, 2011

Life, the Universe and Everything

Ok, I borrowed that title from Douglas Adams.  Don't judge.  And if you don't know Douglas Adams' work, what's the matter with you?  Ok, ok, not everyone may like his kind of humour or science fiction.  "To each his own", my mother used to say.  Well, this is going to be one of those posts, it seems.  Rambling.  I'll try to straighten up.  I just wanted to mention that I made a huge leap this week.  I sent my WIP to someone special to read what I have so far, and she was very kind.  Granted, she has always been very supportive, and perhaps in addition I should allow someone who would be more critical a chance to be brutal with me, I don't think it is quite time for that yet.  Those of you that write, and may also be reading this......how soon is too soon?

In other news, I don't know if I mentioned that we are trying to buy this amazing house that we just decided we wanted, and have hit a snag that we are trying to work through.  Life is such a bumpy place.  Nothing is easy, that is for sure.  But we have been learning so very much also, and are in turn able to help "the kids" as I am calling my daughter and her betrothed.  Hopefully we can help them with knowledge, Heaven knows we can't do much for them financially.  Yes, life is bumpy, but interesting.  I can't say it hasn't been interesting thus far. 

Have a great weekend, everyone.  And remember:

No comments:

Post a Comment